Independence Association is person centered. For 50 years we have been focused on an individuals potential for growth and development. We take great pride in understanding an individual’s strengths, needs and preferences so that we can best provide the individual with support services that will ensure a high quality of life.
Independence Association is family centered. For 50 years we have been fully engaged and committed to family involvement in their loved one’s care. We are devoted to our organization’s mission of providing support, advocacy and education to ensure a high quality of life for the family and the their loved one who we serve.
Independence Association is community centered. For 50 years we have created and engaged in community collaborations and inclusive events supporting participation for individuals with disabilities & their families. We offer our support in other areas of a person’s life including but not limited to personal relationships, employment, recreation & spiritual enrichment.
- 50 years of meeting the highest standards of individual and family support
- 50 years of commitment towards individual and community enrichment
- 50 years of advocacy on behalf of all individuals and families with Developmental Disabilities in Maine
- 50 years of investing in an individual’s independence while celebrating their ability
- 50 years of compassion, care, friendship and community involvement
Since 1966, the support from Brunswick, Bath, Topsham, Freeport and the surrounding communities has made independence possible for so many individuals. You are Independence Association’s success.